Sunday 12 November 2017

Stencil Sunday

Hello!

Those of you who come by on a regular basis will know that I have been really enjoying creating mylar stencils with our laser cutting machine.....it has got my creativity flowing again after a bit of a mojo-less spell!  I particularly like the way that stencils can work as background or focal images and also the way that they can enable me to cover a card quickly :)

Here are 3 cards that I have made with my current stencils:

 
The stag stencil is one that I just keep reaching for.  Here it is inked with distress oxides - because you can flip a stencil over, it is easy to get the reverse image without any hard work!  I combined the stencils with a red heart which has been glittered and glazed along with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted.

 
This indian flower stencil is super versatile!  It works beautifully with bright colours and for mixed media and to create an elegant design such as this where I have gone through it with versamark ink and gold embossed it.

 
Finally, here is my star stencil which provides a quick and easy background.  Here I masked the central panel and went around the central square with distress oxides.  I added a sentiment from Uniko's gorgeous Reach for the Stars stamp set and the card was made :)
 
Do check out the stencils in my folksy shop:
 
  
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by :)
 
Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous Sarah ! Another trio of gorgeous cards ! I did not have time yet to play with my stencil but for sure I will use it before the end of the year ! And I Love your new stencils above all the Indian flower ! I add them on my wish list ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted with the stag stencil that I bought from your shop! Thanks also for the freebie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered the stag from your Folksy shop. I can't wait to use it. It's shipped to Barbara (not Bobby)

    ReplyDelete