Saturday 12 November 2016

Honey I Shrunk the Kit!

Hello!

It is time for my fellow honeys and I to share what we have made with the latest mini kit.  This time the lovely Hazel put the kit together and I couldn't stop making cards with it (which is a warning that this is a picture heavy post!).



The theme of Hazel's kit was Vintage Vessels and it was packed full of wonderful stamped images and luxurious embellishments.  I will whizz through the cards that I put together....

 
The beautiful gold doily is from the kit and I watercoloured the images to give them a soft look.  The sentiment is from Uniko.  I shall link this card up at the Clean and Simple challenge over at Addicted to Stamps.
 

 
I went for a more vintage look with the patterned paper from the kit that i distressed around the edges and inked in grey.  The teapot is coloured in grey pencil and the sentiment is from the kit.


I decided to put the little bugs from the kit in one of the jars, inked a bit of blue around each of them and added a yellow stamp behind the single bug. 

 
I had fun with the 2 wine bottles, turning them in to the hands on a clock to play on the sentiment from the kit.  A bit of inking and a scattering of the gorgeous gold gems finish the design.

 
Finally I made a shaker which features the wine bottle and glass from the kit along with the sentiment.  The heart aperture is popped up over gold glitter paper and a shaker full of gold and pink sequins.
 
I hope that you like my range of cards - it shows how versatile and fun the kit was! 
 
 
 
I am going to head over to the other members of our little kit club to see what they have come up with  - Sarah from Sazzle Dazzle Crafts, Shona from Twine Around, Hazel from Hazel's Paper Designs and Sandie from London Days.
 
Thanks again, Hazel :)
 
Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing set of cards Sarah. Love how you used the doily with that fab water colouring, so soft. And what a fab idea to use the bottles as clock hands, such a creative idea and one I must remember. Then wow to the shaker, another cool idea with the bottle and glass. Love all of these x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah!! These look AMAZING!!!! You created magic with this kit! I love your colour schemes in all of them, and your layering is so sophisticated!! The merlot and glow cards are so inventive. Love that feature glow on the outside bug, and the raised heart aperture with the wine glass and bottle, is inspired. The soft palette of the teapot cards is stunning and the wine o clock one is genius! So glad you had fun with my kit! Admittedly,I found it tricky myself, but got there in the end! :-)LOVE these!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dizzy with delightful swooning ... not sure I can cope with the last visit to Shona! You have, as always, worked your CAS magic to perfection with this kit Sarah. Those clock hands with bottles is so fun, love the heart shaker with bottle and glass (I love them all actually and can't pick a favourite) love the added distressing to the dsp, watercoloured to perfection. I need to start again with mine and learn my CAS! Have a great weekend, hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah your cards are incredibly beautiful, but I LOve the sentiments just as much ... who has the 'glow' one, please?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, well, well, you've totally left me in the dust with your amazing cards! These are all so creative and clever. I especially love your 'wine o'clock' and your shaker card. Your a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking the clock card is my favorite! These are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such fabulous cards, Sarah, and that clock is so creative. You've done well with your kit.

    ReplyDelete