Saturday 1 October 2016

Less is More #296

Hello!

Well, thank goodness that Saturday has rolled around again....I definitely need the weekend :)  And of course that means it is time for our next challenge at Less is More.  It is a colour theme week and the colours we are asking you to use are lilac and turquoise.

Here is what I have made:

 
For this card I used a new Concord and 9th butterfly die on some watercolour paper that I had smooshed with distress inks.  I left the bits in the butterfly as I really liked the way it looked!  I used a clarity circle stencil to add the dots and a Stamplorations die for the sentiment which is die cut 3 or 4 times for a bit of dimension.  The other part of the sentiment is from Altenew. 
 
I shall also link this card up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge which is the ever popular Anything Goes.

 
Here is a card that I made for the Uniko release blog hop - the new release is available for purchase from today so do check out the beautiful new sets.  I used the Marvellous Mehndi set and white embossed it before watercolouring over the top.  The same clarity stencil added the dotty background.  The sentiment is from Uniko's new Simply Said II set.

 
This third card is probably too dark for lilac and turquoise but I thought that I would share it anyway!  I used some brushos on watercolour card and popped a white die cut over the panel.  I added a few sequins and a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps. 
 
I hope you have fun with this colour combo.  I don't usually use these colours but they grew on me once I got going :)  The rest of the Less is More DT have fabulous inspiration for you over at the blog and our lovely sponsor this month is:
 
Logo
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Your butterfly is so delicate in those lovely colours Sarah but my goodness, hang on purse....I can feel you need to open! I ADORE how you showcased that new unico stamp; it looks sensational! Thanks for enabling my bank account to diminish a little more :-) serious stamp envy here.
    Have a brilliant week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Sharon said... that Mehndi stamp is awesome and I'm seriously tempted! Great showcase of a lovely design! The butterfly on the first card is fab and I love how you left the bits in the wings which gives a great embossed look. The Brushos give a wonderful intensity on the third card and the die really pops against it. Fab inspiration! Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your watercoloring is just perfect. You've created three stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I start! Stunned! Gorgeous as always Sarah and I'm oohing and aaahing over each! The butterflies are so delicate and set against the stencilled BG looks so elegant. The blending of the colours of the mehndi image is spectacular and I didn't know you had an addiction to brushos too. The depth of those colours you've achieved is making me want to scatter mine all over some card today!!!! Hope you didn't make too much mess! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the cards in this blog post are simply gorgeous. I've run over to see you on the Uniko blog hop.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blending of lilac and turquoise is fabulous, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ! I can not take my eyes of your cards! They are all very beautiful ! I especially love the Marvelous Mehndi card ! Very stunning ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning!!!! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Sarah! They are all so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning makes, Sarah. Some dies look great with their 'bits' left in and this butterfly is certainly one of them. And that stencil is great for backgrounds, it looks fab on both of these. I love the vibrancy from your Brushos and that die is deeelish! xx

    ReplyDelete